This exquisite coin is the fifth in the Royal Canadian Mint’s sought-after series Canadian flora paired with fauna both an engraved and coloured design along with a unique one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted Venetian glass element created by a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais uses colour to recreate the leaves and white flowers of the broadleaf arrowhead (Sagittaria latifolia), which fills the lower portion of the image field. A floating log serves as the perfect sunbathing platform for a Venetian glass version of a painted turtle, which has been handcrafted by master glass-maker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
– This Royal Canadian Mint Coin is the fifth coin in a series that pairs engraved and painted flowers with a beautiful detailed rendering of a creature that is native to Canada’s natural landscape.
– The Venetian glass turtle was handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
– Murano glass is world renowned for its vibrant colours, which are perfectly suited to recreate the painted turtle’s own unique colouring.
– A Special addition to your nature or canadiana themed collection
– The design is finely engraved and meticulously presented in a beautiful proof finish (frosted raised elements on a mirror background).
– All previous coins with Venetian glass have sold out quickly!
Previous Coins in the Series:
2011 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Tulip with Ladybug (Sold Out) – Launched May 2nd, 2011
2012 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Aster with Glass Bumble Bee (Sold Out) – Launched April 16th 2012
2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Purple Coneflower and Eastern Tailed Blue – (Sold Out) – Launched April 9th, 2013
2014 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Water-Lily and Leopard Frog – (Only a few left)- Launched April 1st, 2014
Encapsulated in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Finished Size: 88 mm x 88 mm