The White-Tailed Deer – Mates
Although the white-tailed deer is common across much of southern Canada, seeing one is still a special treat for nature lovers. A symbol of the elusive yet constant presence of nature in this land, the white-tailed deer is now available for viewing year round—thanks to this exquisite new series of coins from the Royal Canadian Mint.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo features a white-tailed buck and doe leaping over a fallen pine tree. Capturing a powerful and energetic moment, this scene centres around the two leaping deer. In the foreground, the buck illustrates the “kick-off” stage of a deer’s leaping motion, with forelegs bent under its torso and back legs fully extended. His large, powerful neck holds his antlered head aloft and his namesake tail extends up and behind, its bright underside alerting other deer to danger. Just behind him and slightly to the left side of the image, a doe illustrates the landing phase of the leap, as her front legs stretch out ahead of her and her head, neck, and body point downward, while her rear legs, just visible behind her partner, bend toward her belly. The sense of motion is subtly enhanced by the composition, in which doe, buck, and fallen tree share a common trajectory. In the background, a tall conifer forest rises toward the sky. The scene is viewed from ground level, lending height and drama to the image.
– This 1-ounce 99.99% pure silver coin features expert engraving and multiple finishes against a brilliant mirrored background to bring out the stunning details in this image of a buck and doe leaping gracefully over a fallen pine.
– 3rd silver coin in this series, featuring the White-Tailed Deer.
– This 1-ounce coin features edge lettering indicating its metal weight.
– A low mintage of only 7,500 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
– The Royal Canadian Mint has rarely featured the white-tailed deer on its numismatic coins.
– A beautiful addition to any collection featuring fine artwork, natural images, native species of Canada, symbols of awe and nature, or Canadiana.
– A thoughtful and valuable gift for nature lovers and art aficionados.
Encapsulated in a maroon clamshell with custom beauty box.
Finished Size: 67 mm x 67 mm