Canadian Contemporary Art by Tim Barnard
The reverse features an original work by renowned Canadian artist Tim Barnard entitled “Canada Through the Eyes of Tim Barnard.” This astonishing circular design includes more than 50 distinct
images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. At the centre sits a scene from a rugged Yukon riverbank—meaningful to Barnard for time spent there
under summer’s midnight sun. From here, the image circles out in a panoply of Canadian illustrations; images from Canadian history and portraits of historical figures; scenes from first
nations culture, art, and mythology; Canadian flora and fauna; people bundled up against winter’s chill; and much more. Beautifully rendered by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, this mesmerizing
design offers a something new for the viewer at each glance. Barnard has also cleverly hidden within the design the initials of each Canadian province and territory. The obverse features the
effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
– A Royal Canadian Mint exciting new Canadian Contemporary Art coins featuring an original work by renowned worldwide Canadian artist Tim Barnard.
– This unique piece of art is also available on a 2 oz. gold coin!
– This astonishing circular design includes more than 50 distinct images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. Find something new every time you look at the coin!
– A stirring creation that is sure to be sought after by collectors and art aficionados.
– An elegant gift and a sophisticated addition to any collection featuring Canadian Contemporary art, Canadian artists, or Canadiana.
– Encapsulated and presented in a maroon flock-lined clamshell case
– Protected by a custom beauty box and accompanied by a serialized certificate – your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by the Royal Canadian Mint’s resident quality assurance specialists.
Finished Size: 93 mm x 93 mm