The reverse image by Canadian artist Derek Wicks features a striking portrait of an eagle head in three-quarter profile. Viewed from its left side, the raptor fixes the viewer with its legendary gaze, its wide left eye staring powerfully below a snowy feathered brow. The intricate patterns of its white head feathers and dark neck feathers are rendered in dimensional detail by Royal Canadian Mint Engravers, as are the sharp contours of its hooked beak.
– This premium coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2014 five-coin series of fine silver, gold, and platinum coins featuring four “day in the life” scenes of the iconic Bald Eagle.
– The features of the iconic bald eagle portrait have been carefully engraved and selectively polished against the mirror background.
– Collect the entire series to complete the story of a day in the life of the great Bald Eagle as it rests, soars, hunts, and returns to its perch with the day’s food.
– Celebrate the life and habits of an astonishing Canadian predator, struck in 99.99% pure gold in an engraved work of stunning artistry.
– A very low mintage of only 3,000 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
– The Royal Canadian Mint’s previous Bald Eagles sold out quickly.
– Encapsulated and presented in a maroon flock-lined clamshell case
– Protected by a black beauty box and accompanied by a serialized certificate – your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by the Royal Canadian Mint’s resident quality assurance specialists.
Finished Size: 67 mm x 67 mm