Matriarch Moon Mask
First Nations culture is rich with profound wisdom that eloquently expresses the inter-connectedness between humanity and all of nature. The terms “Mother Earth” and “Grandmother Moon” clearly reflect the similarities that First Nations people see between these two spheres and the foundational and nourishing role women play in their communities.
– As captivating as the original wood carving! The Mint’s expert engravers have captured the true essence of Carol Young’s vision; even preserving the sense of mystery in the moon’s eyes of this superb Matriarch Moon Mask coin..
– Handcrafted for an unmatched level of sculpted detailing! This ultra-high relief coin has retained every detail of the original carving—right down to the wood grain.
– An exceptional keepsake for art lovers, history buffs and anyone with an interest in First Nations culture and art.
– A must-have collectible with a limited mintage of 6,000 coins worldwide.
– Encapsulated and presented in a maroon flock-lined clamshell case
– Protected by a black beauty box and accompanied by a serialized certificate – your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by the Royal Canadian Mint’s resident quality assurance specialists.
Finished Size: 70 mm x 70 mm